IBPS CWE PO/MT-VIIInstitute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer / Management Trainees Common Written Examination
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: Graduation
- Duration-:1 Hours
- Stream-: Civil Services
- Medium-: Multiple
- Examination Mode-: Online
- Total Questions-: 100
Preliminary Exam Result : Click Here
The online examination (Preliminary and Main) for the next Common Recruitment Process for selection of personnel for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts in the Participating Organisations is tentatively scheduled in October / November 2017.
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of India||Dena Bank||Punjab National Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||IDBI Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||Vijaya Bank|
Candidates, intending to apply for CWE PO/MT-VII should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in this advertisement:
Please note that the eligibility criteria specified herein are the basic criteria for applying for the post. Candidates must necessarily produce the relevant documents in original and a photocopy in support of their identity and eligibility -pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc. as indicated in the online application form at the time of interview and any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisations. Please note that no change of category will be permitted at any stage after registration of the online application and the result will be processed considering the category which has been indicated in the online application, subject to guidelines of the Government of India in this regard. Merely applying for CRP/ appearing for and being shortlisted in the online examination (Preliminary and Main) and/or in the subsequent interview and/ subsequent processes does not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered employment in any of the Participating Organisations. No request for considering the candidature under any category other than the one in which one has applied will be entertained.
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age (As on 01.08.2017):
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 30 years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1987 and not later than 01.08.1997 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Benchmark Disabilities as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
|5||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Educational Qualifications (As on 05.09.2017):
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
Pre-Examination Training may be arranged by the Nodal Banks/ Participating Organisations to a limited number of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Minority Communities at certain centres viz. Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Balasore, Bareilly, Behrampur (Ganjam), Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Dhanbad, Gorakhpur, Gulbarga, Guwahati, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Karnal, Kavaratti, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Muzaffarpur, Mysore, Nagpur, New Delhi, Panaji (Goa), Patiala, Patna, Port Blair, Puducherry, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shimla, Shillong, Siliguri, Thiruchirapalli, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijaywada and Vishakhapatnam.
All eligible candidates who opt for and wish to avail of Pre-Examination Training should fill in the relevant column in the ON-LINE APPLICATION. While training will be imparted free of cost, all other expenses regarding travelling, boarding, lodging etc. will have to be borne by the candidate for attending the preexamination training programme at the designated Centres. Depending on the response and administrative 5 feasibility the right to cancel any of the Pre- Examination Training Centres and/ or add some other Centres and/or make alternate arrangements is reserved. By merely attending the Pre-Examination Training no candidate acquires any right to be selected in any of the Participating Organisations mentioned.
CWE – Online Examinations
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
Name of Tests
No. of Questions
Medium of Exam
|1||English Language||30||30||English||Composite time of 1 hour|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English and Hindi|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English and Hindi|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
Name of Tests (NOT BY SEQUENCE)
No. of Questions
Medium of Exam
Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
For More Informtaion : Click Here
BPS PO/MT SELECTION PROCESS :
IBPS PO/MT Selection Procedure:
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is conducting Common Written Examination (CWE PO/MT) for the recruitment of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee vacancies in Public Sector Banks which will be conducted online. IBPS PO/MT Selection Procedure details are mentioned below.
The IBPS PO/MT selection process will be carried out in two stages, the first one is Common Written Examination and second stage is Common Interviews conducted by IBPS.
Common Written Examination:
Common Written Examination will be conducted online which consists of objective type questions. Total mark of the exam is 200 and duration is 2 hours. There will be Negative Marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equipercentile method. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview.
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the examination for CWE PO/MT-IV will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be conducted at select centres. The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of CWE (exam) and interview will be 80:20 respectively. The combined final scores of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in CWE PO/MT-IV and Interview. A candidate should qualify both in the CWE and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process.
On completion of the interview process, depending on the vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2015-16 based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations, based on merit-cum-preference keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, various guidelines issued by Govt. of India/ Others from time to time, administrative exigency, etc.
In the event of two or more candidates having obtained the same score, merit order is decided as per date of birth (the candidate senior in age is placed before/ above the candidate junior in age), as per the prevailing practice.
- On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates : 16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017
- Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online) : 16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017
- Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training : September 2017
- Conduct of Pre-Exam Training : 23.09.2017 to 29.09.2017
- Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary : September 2017
- Online Examination – Preliminary : 07.10.2017, 08.10.2017, 14.10.2017 and 15.10.2017
- Result of Online exam – Preliminary : October 2017
- Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main : November 2017
- Online Examination – Main : 26.11.2017
- Declaration of Result – Main : December 2017
- Download of call letters for interview : January 2018
- Conduct of interview : January / February 2018
- Provisional Allotment : April 2018
Eligible candidates can apply online through the website : http://ibps.sifyitest.com/crpoviijul17/
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should
- scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement.
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
- have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the completion of this round of Common Recruitment Process. IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017 (Online payment), both dates inclusive, shall be as follows
- Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates
- Rs. 600 /- for all others
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate
Procedure for applying online
- Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CWE PO/MT” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- 10 PROBATIONARY OFFICERS/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES (CWE-PO/MT-VII)” to open the On-Line Application Form.
- Candidates will have click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form properly verified and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
Mode of Payment
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only: Payment of fees/ intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE
- Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “FINAL SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature. In case the candidate is unable to fill in the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. Once the application is filled in completely, candidate should submit the data
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
- After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details
- If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then candidates are advised to login again with their provisional registration number and password and pay the Application Fees/ Intimation Charges online.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated then online transaction may not have been successful.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed. After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees / intimation charges, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They should not send this printout to the IBPS/ Banks
For More Information : Click Here
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
- English Language
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
- A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition – RS Agarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal 2nd Edition – Indu Sijwali & B. S. Sijwali
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS – CWE Bank PO (English) 3rd Edition – Disha Publications
- For English SP Bakshi
- For Reasoning RS Aggarwal
- For GK the Lucent & the Arihant
- For Current Affairs the Hindu
Cut-off Score (Online Main Examination)
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online Main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview.
MARKS OBTAINED IN THE MAIN EXAMINATION ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLISTING FOR INTERVIEW AND ALSO FOR FINAL MERIT LISTING
Out of Which (PWD)
|3||Bank of Baroda||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|4||Bank of India||30||15||54||101||200||2||2||2||2|
|5||Bank of Maharashtra||15||7||27||51||100||0||3||1||0|
|7||Central Bank of India||18||8||28||49||100||1||1||1||0|
|12||Indian Overseas Bank||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|13||Oriental Bank of Commerce||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|14||Punjab National Bank||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|15||Punjab & Sind Bank||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|18||Union Bank of India||83||34||78||127||322||14||3||13||11|
|19||United Bank of India||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
The Centre, venue address, date and time for both Preliminary and Main examinations and interview shall be intimated in the respective Call Letter.
An eligible candidate should download his/her call letter from the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in and http://www.ibps.in/cwe-po-mt-vii/ by entering his/ her details i.e. Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth. No hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout etc. will be sent by post/ courier.
Call letter for Scribe in the Main Examination:
There will be an additional call letter for Scribe for the Main Examination.
Intimations will be sent by email and/ sms to the email ID and mobile number registered in the online application form for CWE PO/MT-VII. IBPS/ Participating Organisations will not take responsibility for late receipt / nonreceipt of any communication e-mailed/ sent via sms to the candidate due to change in the mobile number, email address, technical fault or otherwise beyond the control of IBPS/ Participating Organisations. Candidates are hence advised to regularly keep in touch with the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in for details, updates and any information which may be posted for further guidance as well as to check their registered e-mail account from time to time during the recruitment process.