RBI GRADE B OFFICER ExamReserve Bank of India grade B officer Exam
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: Graduation
- Duration-:2 Hours
- Stream-: Civil Services
- Medium-: Multiple
- Examination Mode-: Online
- Total Questions-: 200
Result : Grade- B Phase - 1 2017
Application are invited for the post mentioned below in Reserve Bank of India (RBI/Bank) from Indian citizens, citizens of Nepal and subjects of Bhutan, persons of Indian origin who have migrated from Myanmar and Sri Lanka with the intention of permanently settling in India and in whose favour Eligibility Certificates have been issued by Government of India.
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Unreserved i.e., General (GEN/UR)||Other Backward
|Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - (General)||13||39||22||11||145|
|Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - DEPR||09||03||00||00||12|
|Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - DSIM||01||00||1||02*||4|
|# Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the 'Creamy Layer' are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as 'General (GEN)’.|
|$ Out of 145 vacancies mentioned above 1 vacancy is reserved for candidates with Visual Impairment (VI) and 3 vacancies are reserved for candidates with Hearing Impairment (HI). No backlog vacancies are available for OH category. However, PWD candidates belonging to any of the three categories of the disability may apply for these posts, subject to their suitability for these posts. Persons with Disability may belong to any category - GEN/SC/ST/OBC|
- a candidate must be either
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st of May, 2017 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd May, 1987 and not later than 1st May, 1996. For candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- up to a maximum of five years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe if the posts are reserved for them;'
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates if the posts are reserved for them;
- up to a maximum of five years for ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or as a result of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year's service and currently registered with Employment Exchange
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st May, 2017 and have been released
- on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st May, 2017 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency; or
- on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service; or
- on invalidment.
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st May, 2017 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Persons with Disabilities.
- For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/Financial Institution in Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of completed years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
- For eligible staff candidates the relaxation in age limit is according to RBI circular CO. HRMD. No. G-75/ 5599/ 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013.
- For recruitment to the post of Gr. B (DR)-DEPR/DSIM candidates having Master’s Degree with Research/Teaching experience at a recognised Indian/Foreign University/Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
Educational Qualifications :
The following minimum educational qualifications are prescribed for the posts:
Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - (General)
- A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations
- The minimum qualifying percentage or an equivalent grade for the Bachelor’s degree will be in aggregate for all semesters / years
Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - DEPR
- A Master's Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognised Indian or Foreign University /Institute.
SC,ST and PWD candidates having second class with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years in Master's Degree examination or equivalent recognized qualifications are eligible to apply.
A Doctorate Degree in Economics or research or teaching experience in Economics or publications in standard journals would be considered as an additional qualification
Candidates having M.Phil. Degree and Doctorate Degree from a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute in the specified subjects will be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit by 2 year and 4 years respectively
- Candidates having Master's Degree with Research/Teaching experience at a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned
- The above age relaxations will not be cumulatively available with age relaxations available to various categories as mentioned in Para 3 (II)
Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - DSIM
- A Master's Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years; OR
- Master's Degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters / years and one year post graduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects from an institute of repute; OR
- M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters / years OR
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years.
For SC, ST and PWD candidates, the minimum marks required in Master's Degree as in items a, b, c and d above is 50% or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/ years
- Candidates with a Doctorate in topics related to above subjects will be given preference.
- Research or teaching experience and publication in standard journals will be considered as an additional qualification
- Candidates possessing M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualification in the specified subjects will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit by 2 years and 4 years respectively
- Candidates with research/teaching experience at a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned
- The above age relaxations will not be cumulatively available with age relaxations available to various categories as mentioned in Para 3 (II).
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification from a foreign university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
Some Universities/Institutes/Boards do not award Class or percentage of marks and allot Aggregate Grade Points (e.g. CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc.). In case University/Institute/Board defines criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into percentage of marks, the same will be accepted. However, where the University/ Institute/ Board does not define criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into percentage of marks, in the degree/passing certificates, the undefined parameter(s) would be worked out as under:
Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10 point scale
Aggregate Percentage of Marks
Aggregate Grade Point or percentage of marks where awarded would mean aggregate over the entire duration of the course.
Where the Aggregate Grade Point (CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc.) is awarded out of a number other than 10, it will be normalized out of 10 and computed as per Note 2 above
Number of Attempts:
Candidates belonging to unreserved i.e. General Category, who have already appeared Six times for Phase-I Examination for this post in the past, are not eligible to apply. No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD, if the posts are reserved for them.
For More Detail : Click Here
|Website Link Open –For On-Line Registration of Applications and Payment of Fees/Intimation Charges||
May 03, 2017 (for Gr B DR General)
May 05, 2017 (for DEPR /DSIM)
May 23, 2017
|Officers in Gr B (DR) - General||
|Officers in Gr B (DR) – (DEPR)*||
|Officers in Gr B (DR) – (DSIM)||
Mode of application:
Candidates are required to apply only ON-LINE through the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in. No other mode for submission of application is available. Brief Instructions for filling up the "Online Application Form" are given in Appendix-I:
Application Fee and Intimation Charges
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Intimation Charges only||Rs.100/-|
|2||GEN/OBC||Application fee including intimation charges||Rs.850/-|
Bank/Transaction charges are to be borne by the candidate.
@ Fee/Intimation charges waiver is only for those employees of RBI (Staff Candidates) who satisfy the eligibility criteria separately stipulated by the Bank vide its circular CO. HRMD. No. G-75/ 5599/ 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013. Their status as staff candidate will be verified at the time of interview. In case they are not eligible to be treated as staff candidates (in terms of above referred HRMD circular), they are advised to indicate themselves as non-staff candidates and pay fees/ intimation charges as applicable to nonstaff candidates.
Applications without the prescribed Fee / Intimation Charges shall be summarily rejected.
Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection
Fee / Intimation Charges are required to be paid only in the manner prescribed in this advertisement.
Suggested reference material:
- Indian Economy: Uma Kapila.(Series of Books)
- Indian Economy: Mishra Puri. (Latest Edition)
- Growth And Development: Devraj Ray
- Sociology: C.N. Shankar Rao
News Papers :
- Economic Times
- Business Standard
Weekly/Monthly Magazines/Bulletins /Reports:
- Economic and Political Weekly
- Southern Economist
- Business India
- RBI Bulletins
- World Development Report
- Economic Survey of India