JIPMER Entrance Exam(UG)Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: 12th
- Duration-:2 Hours 30 Minutes
- Stream-: Medical
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Online
- Total Questions-: 200
JIPMER conduct Entrance Exam for admission to MBBS Programme.
- The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2017, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2001. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants). No upper age limit.
- The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education (Annexure - I lists the examinations recognized by JIPMER)
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list appended in Annexure – I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
- he Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects. and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:-
No. of Questions
Physics 60 Chemistry 60 Biology 60 English Language and Comprehension 10 Logical & Quantitative Reasoning 10 TOTAL 200
- The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2017 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test (online examination). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination – 2017 link
For More Detail : Click Here
- The candidate called for counselling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stipulated in the Call Letter.
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- The Candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Original Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the centre Representative/Invigilator
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken
- NON RESIDENT INDIAN
- Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA
- Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India
Note: If the certificates are in any other language, except in English, English Translation attested by a Gazetted Officer should be produced.
- If the candidates’ Biometric finger print, Image and Certificates are found in order, He / She is eligible to attend the counselling. It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present i.e in person for counseling on the day. No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counseling in person, she/he will be marked absent and her/his candidature will stand cancelled.
- In the counseling process, the seats to be filled by General (UR) & Orthopedically Candidates (OPH) would be filled up first, wherein the candidates would be called for counseling based on merit alone irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST or OBC.
- Next, reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC candidates will be counselled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories. (During this process, if a candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC who had taken admission under open (UR) of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open (UR) competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit).
- Next, the seats to be filled by UT of Puducherry UR/OBC/SC/OCI/NRI candidates will be counselled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories. (During this process, if a candidate belonging to UT of Puducherry UR/OBC/SC candidates who had taken admission under open (UR) or reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open (UR) or reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit).
- The first counselling for various categories will be in the following order and scheduled (Tentative) as detailed below
Sl. No Order of Category Counselling Date (Tentative) 1 OPH & P-OPH (Medical Examination) 27.06.2017 2 UR/OPH & P-OPH 28.06.2017 3 OBC/SC/ST 29.06.2017 4 Puducherry-UR/OBC/SC & NRI/OCI 30.06.2017
In each category the total no. of candidate to be called for counseling will be 10 times the no.of seats available in each category.
If a candidate has opted/chosen for JIPMER, Puducherry, he/ she will not be allowed to change JIPMER, Karaikal & vice versa. . i.e Sliding will not be allowed from JIPMER, Puducherry to JIPMER, Karaikal and vice versa. He / She will not be eligible for the second counselling.
If a candidate who has not opted/chosen in the first counselling. He/ She will be eligible to attend the second counselling.
- Second counselling will be held, if seats are vacant, as per date given in the prospectus. i.e 19th JULY 2017 (Tentative Date)
- The dates and eligible candidates shall be notified in JIPMER website and no personal intimation will be sent.
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his / her chance for admission and will not be eligible for second counseling.
- A candidate who is present for the first counseling but does not opt / exercise option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend second counseling.
- The order of the second counselling will be OPH/UR/OBC/SC/ST/Puducherry-UR/OBC/ SC &NRI/OCI (Subject to availability of seats vacant)
- Any seat remaining vacant after the second counseling due to candidate's not opting/ joining, will be available for the third counseling (Tentative Date – 23.08.2017).
- Any seat remaining vacant after the third counseling due to candidate's not opting/ joining, will be available for the Open counseling (Date will be intimated in JIPMER Website).
- In Open Counseling, All candidates who are eligible by the merit list can attend this open counselling irrespective of their previous attendance and counselling will be on the basis of merit rank.
- On-line Registration from : 27.03.2017 (Monday) 11.00 AM
- On-line Registration closes on : 03.05.2017 (Wednesday) 5.00 PM
- Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website www.jipmer.edu.in (The Hall Tickets will be made available through Internet download ONLY and NOT by Post) : 22.05.2017 (Monday) 10.00 AM 04.06.2017 (Sunday) 8.00 AM
- Date & Time of Entrance Examination (Two Shifts – Online Mode Only) : 04.06.2017 (Sunday)
- Morning Shift :- 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM
- Afternoon Shift :- 03.00 PM to 05.30 PM
- Expected date of publication of Merit List On or Before : 19th June 2017
- Counseling of Choosing for JIPMER Puducherry (OR) JIPMER Karaikal First Counseling (Tentative) : 27 th to 30th JUNE 2017.
- Second Counseling (Tentative) : 19 th JULY 2017
- Third Counselling(Tentative) : 23rd August 2017
- Admission formalities (Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc…) : 03.07.2017 (Monday) 8.00 AM.
- For the Students who have opted to Join in JIPMER, Karaikal : 04.07.2017 (Tuesday) 8.00 AM
- For the Students who have opted to join in JIPMER, Puducherry Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation : 03.07.2017 (Monday)
- For Karaikal Students : 04.07.2017 (Tuesday)
- For Puducherry Students Commencement of Course : 05.07.2017 (Wednesday) 09.00 AM
- Foundation Course Foundation course will be held for JIPMER, Puducherry &JIPMER, Karaikal separately at the respective places.
- Close of Admissions for MBBS 2017 Session : 30.09.2017 (Saturday) 01.00 PM
Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in. and navigate to the link “Apply on-line MBBS admission – 2017”.
Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using ANY ONE of the following mode of payment.
No other mode of payment will be accepted
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
|General (UR) & P- UR||Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC & P-OBC||Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST & P-SC||Rs.1,000 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|NRI/OCI||Rs.2,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OPH & P-OPH||Exempted From Application Fees|
For More Detail : Click Here
JIPMER Entrance Exam consits of questions from the following subjects:
- English Language and Comprehension
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning
Method of Cut-Off
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC /- OPH||40|
In case percentile of both shifts are unequal the lower percentile of both shits shall be the cut off