WBPGMAT West Bengal Post Graduate Medical Admission Test
- Test Level-: State Level
- Eligibility-: Graduation
- Duration-:3 Hours 30 Minutes
- Stream-: Medical
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Online
- Total Questions-: 300
MD/MS admissions UPPGMET testing body NEET all admission taken NEET Entrance Test
- NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section (10) of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- NEET-PG is a single window entrance examination for PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses as per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 w.e.f. 2017 admission session.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIAFOR NEET-PG 2018
(A) Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of stinternship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 31 March 2018, may apply forNEET-PG2018 through online application system atwebsitewww.nbe.edu.in
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIAFOR ALLINDIA50% QUOTASEATS
Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from the states of Andhra Pradesh*, Telangana*and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under
central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in erstwhile Andhra Pradesh*and Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh*, Telangana* and Jammu & Kashmir. The affidavit is to be sent to the following address along with the print out of the acknowledgement of online application form for NEET- PG 2018 latest by 30th November 2017.(Copy of the affidavit is annexed at Annexure-III).
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029
Candidates who have done their MBBS from Andhra Pradesh / Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit as indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counseling.
*PG seats of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are likely to be included in 50% All India Quota Seats 2018 subject to confirmation by the respective State Governments to MoHFW, Govt. of India.
ELIGIBILITY CRITIERIAFOR FOREIGN MEDICALGRADUATES
Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) which is conducted by National
Board of Examinations. Further, they should have been registered with MCI/SMC and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 31.03.2018.
Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day.
SCOPE OF NEET-PG 2018
NEET-PG 2018 shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses’ for the academic session 2018 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana & Jammu & Kashmir)
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad specialty courses (January 2018 Admission Session)
The following Medical institutions are not covered by centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET- PG for 2018 session:
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
No state government /private medical college/universities including the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh shall be conducting any separate entrance exam for admission to their MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses for the academic session 2018-2019.
For More Information : Click Here
- Online Registration for NEET-PG : 31st October 2017 - 27th November 2017
- Exam Date : 7th January 2018
- Declaration of Results : 31st January 2018
Registration and scheduling for appearing in the NEET-PG examination is to be undertaken online at the website http://neetpg.nbe.edu.in/
NEET-PG 2018 Exam fee
- Rs. 2750/- (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates)
- Rs. 3750/- (For General/OBC candidates)
How to pay
The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through Internet Banking. For more information, please visit the website (www.nbe.edu.in).
The syllabus for NEET-PG shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website
www.mciindia.org for complete document.
The syllabus shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org
NEET-PG shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered on computer based platform (CBT).
The examination comprises of 300 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only. Time allotted is 3hr 30 min.
Negative marking: There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
SUBJECT-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS FOR NEET- PG 2018
SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE OF QUESTIONS (IN NOS.)*
|8||SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE||25|
|9||MEDICINE DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY||37|
|10||SURGERY, ENT, ORTHOPEDICS & ANAESTHESIA||46|
|11||RADIODIAGNOSIS & RADIOTHERAPY||12|
|12||OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY||25|