PHARMPGBharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: Graduation
- Duration-:3 Hours
- Stream-: Medical
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Offline
- Total Questions-: 200
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Conduct PHARMPG Entrance Test For admission to M. Pharm and Pharm.D. (PB) Programmes.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT FOR (PHARMPG - 2017) AND FOR SUBSEQUENT ADMISSION TO M.PHARM COURSE :
- PHARMPG-2017 is a combined entrance test for admission to M Pharm or Pharm D. (PB). The admissions to M.Pharm. will be given on the basis of combined merit list PHARMPG-2017 of BVDU. Candidates who has passed B.Pharm. examination scoring not less than 55% marks [ 50 % in the case of the SC/ST, teacher and sponsored category candidate] or equivalent grade points from any AICTE approved institution shall be eligible to appear for the Entrance Test for Admission to M.Pharm. course.
- Candidate who has appeared or who is likely to appear for the qualifying examination i.e. B.Pharm. but whose result has not been declared can also appear for the Entrance Test. But he will be considered eligible for admission only if he passes the qualifying examination before the date of counselling, with the requisite percentage of marks.
- Admission to M.Pharm. course will be given strictly on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates in their respective categories i.e. SC/ST, GPAT or sponsored etc. in the PHARMPG-2017 this Entrance Test.
- Candidates having qualified GPAT score and also having at least 60% marks at B.Pharm examination shall be eligible to receive fellowships of Rs. 8000/- p.m. However the candidates who do not have qualified GPAT score can also appear for the Entrance Test.
- Admission to each category shall be made as per the break-up indicated in this brochure elsewhere. GPAT qualified candidates only shall be considered eligible for the non-sponsored category of students (General and SC/ST). In case the GPAT qualified candidates are not available, admissions will be given to those non GPAT students who are in the merit in Entrance Examination.
A GPAT qualified student may get an AICTE Fellowship depending upon its availability
The admission will be provided to the M.Pharm. and Pharm.D. (PB) from the Merit List of PHARMPG -2017 as per availability of seats in that category/programme.
For all the subjects of M.Pharm., first the distribution of the seats to the students belonging to SC/ST category will be made as per the distribution of seats.
SCHEDULE OF COUNSELLING
The university will prepare merit list based on marks obtained by the candidates at the PHARMPG-2017. The candidates will be called as per their ranks in their respective categories for counselling and on the spot admission, as per the following schedule. The counselling will start with counselling of candidates belonging to reserved category
|Date||Candidates called for Counselling||Time|
|10/07/2017||All SC / ST Students & All GPAT Qualified Students.||9.00 a.m.|
|Foreign / NRI / PIO / OCI / Institutional Quota Merit Category||10.00 a.m|
|Open Category Merit up to Merit No. 1 to 100||9.00 a.m.|
|11/07/2017||Open Category Merit Merit No. 101 Onwards||9.00 a.m|
|Sponsored candidates||11.00 a.m.|
LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WHILE REPORTING FOR COUNSELLING
At the time of counselling, you are required to produce the following documents in original, failure to do so will result in instantaneous cancellation of your claim for admission. You are also required to submit two self attested photocopies of each of these documents.
Your letter for Counselling
Statement of marks of I, II, III and final year B.Pharm examinations.
Statement of marks of GPAT Examination. (If applicable)
Anti-Ragging Undertaking for all students seeking fresh admission to First Year UG & PG courses. In response to the announcement by MHRD and UGC. New Delhi (India). all the students be advised to file the antiragging undertaking online through the website. 1) www.antiragging.in , 2) www.amanmovement.org and submit hard copy at the time at counseling for the admission.
Medical fitness certificate
Statement of marks of 10 + 2 examination
Certificate from the Dean / Principal of the Pharmacy College of the candidate stating, that the College is recognized by the A.I.C.T.E. and PCI
Caste Certificate and Caste Validity certificate issued by appropriate authority.
- Last date for submitting the completed application form : 10th June 2017
- Issue of duplicate admission cards to those candidates, who have not received the same till 16th June 2017 : 17th June 2017
- Date and time of Common Entrance Test : 18th June 2017 ( 11.00 am to 02.00 p.m )
- Declaration of result : 30th June 2017 at 5.00 p.m.
- Counselling and on the spot admission : 10th ,11th July 2017
- College to open : 17th July 2017
A candidate desirous of appearing for the PHARMPG-2017 entrance test is required to complete the prescribed application form and submit to the University along with entrance test fee of Rs. 1,700/- (Entrance test fee is non refundable)
Online submission of Application form:
The application form is available online at
The candidates should strictly follow the instructions given in the website while filling up the application form online, and must read the instructions carefully before filling up the online application form. Instructions are mentioned at ‘Registration Guide’ menu which is available on website. Before filling up the application form online, candidates should
- Create their login credential
- Have a scanned image of their recent passport size photograph(Refer to guidelines mentioned on the website)
- Have a scanned image of their signature, ready before filling up the online application form.
- Read the procedure and guidelines for online payments of test fee which is to be made through Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking. (Refer to guidelines, terms and conditions for using online payment mentioned on the website)
The candidate may then proceed to fill the form and submit the completed application form. The candidate should take a print of payment receipt and completed application form for reference and as a record.
Candidates should submit the completed online application form on or before the last date mentioned in the website.
For any queries related to Online Registration, contact CET Office, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, 2nd Floor, Common Entrance Test Cell, Director, CET Online Department, L.B.S. Marg, Pune-411030.
HelpLine No. (Phone No)- 020-24407163 Email Id: email@example.com
Submission of Application form in person / by post / by Courier :
In case, candidates are not able to fill form online, the application forms are available at designated centers as mentioned in this brochure and at the CET Office, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, 2nd Floor, Common Entrance Test Cell, L.B.S. Marg, Pune-411030.
Phone No. :020-24407131/132/133 Fax No.: 020-24329675.
The Completed application form along with payment of entrance test fee is to be submitted to the "Admission Office, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan,2nd Floor, Common Entrance Test Cell, L.B.S. Marg, Pune 411030 " either in person or through Post / Courier.
The entrance test fee may be paid in cash or through bank draft on any nationalized Bank or any branch of Bharati Sahakari Bank Ltd. drawn in favour of "The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune”, payable at Pune.
If payment is done through cash, the candidate has to fill up bank challan (available at the Common Entrance Test Cell) and deposit the filled up challan and test fee to the Bharati Sahakari Bank main branch on the working days of the bank. A copy of the challan along with the completed application form should be submitted to the Common Entrance Test Cell after which an acknowledgement receipt will be provided to the candidate.
The last date of submission of application form along with attested copies of the required documents and test fee will be 10th June 2017 before 5:00 pm.
An incomplete application form or an application form which is not accompanied by necessary payment, will not be entertained and processed.
The University will not be responsible for any delay or loss of application / admission card/counselling letter/any communication in transit. Such delay will not be condoned.
SYLLABUS FOR M.PHARM. AND PHARM D (PB) ENTRANCE TEST
Pharmacotherapeutic Agents: Structure, nomenclature, uses, mechanism of action and structure activity relationship of drugs belonging to the categories of neuroleptics, antidepressants and anxiolytics, antihypertensives, antiarrhythmics, diuretics, analgesics, anti-inflammatory antihistamines.
Chemotherapeutic Agents: Structural formulae, classification nomenclature, uses, mechanism of action and structureactivity relationship of drugs belonging to categories of sulphonamides, anticancer drugs, antibiotics, antiamoebic agents, antiviral drugs, antitubercular drugs, anthelmintics.
Drug synthesis : Synthesis of drugs belonging to the categories of local anaesthetics, barbiturates, anticonvulsants, antihistamines, tranquilisers, synthetic hormones, diuretics, vasodilators. Anti AIDS.
IUPAC Nomenclature, inductive effect, resonance, tautomerism, electronegativity, stereoisomerism, nucleophilic substitution, addition,elimination reactions. Chemistry of benzene and its derivatives, amines, alcohols, carboxylic acids, aldehydes and ketones and phenols.
Principles and applications of Absorption spectroscopy, chromatography, potentiometry, conductometry refractometry and polarography. Pharmacopoeial assays. Principles and instrumentation of NMR and Mass spectroscopy, GLP, Hyphenated Methods.
Technology of Drug Delivery Systems : Formulation and Evaluation of parenterals, tablets, capsules, aerosols, liquid orals, ophthalmic preparations and new drug delivery systems.
Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy : Drug absorpnon, distribution, metabolism and elimination. Dissolution testing and Bio availability of drugs. Clinical Pharmacy and drug interaction.
Microbiology : Sterilization and Sterility testing. Methods of preparation of official sera and vaccines. Serological and diagnostic tests. Principles and methods of microbiological assays of Pharmacopoeia. Applications of microorganisms in bioconversions.
GMP and CGMP
Pharmacotherapeutic Agents : Uses, mechanism of action of drugs belonging to the categories of neuroleptics, antidepressants and anxiolytics, antiepileptics, antiparkinsonian, antihypertensives, antiarrhythmics, diuretics, antihistamines, H1 and H2. Drugs acting on autonomic nervous system.
Chemotherapeutic Agents : Classification, uses, mechanism of action of drugs belonging to categories of sulphonamides, anticancer drugs, antibiotics, antiamoebic agents, antiviral drugs, antitubercular drugs, anthelmintics.
Chemistry, tests, uses and mode of action of cardiac glycosides, steroids, alkaloids and terpenes. Pharmacognosy of Digitalis, Cinnamon, Rouwolfia, Ergot, Opium, Clove, Belladonna, Ginseng, Taxol, Artemisine and Senna.
Biochemical role of hormones, vitamins, enzymes and nucleic acids. Metabolism.
Immobilized enzyme, molecular hybridization, basic techniques in DNA Technology. Down stream processing, Impact on health care system. PCR, Micropropogation in plants including organoqenesis & embryogenesis, Transgenic plants.
Category of Students
|E)||QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNIQUES (QAT)||10||3||5||18|
|G)||DRUG REGULATORY AFFAIRS||10||3||5||18|
The GPAT qualified candidates will get fellowships by the AICTE.
15% seats of M. Pharm in subject Quality Assurance Techniques, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Drug Regulatory Affairs are reserved for Foreign/NRI (Non-Resident-Indian) / PIO / OCI / Institutional Quota Merit category students. Candidates seeking admission to the seats of this category will have to apply to The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune. The last date for submission of form to this Category is 10th June 2017 before 5.00 p.m. Seats remaining vacant after allotment to Foreign / N.R.I. / PIO / OCI merit category students will be allotted to Indian students under Institutional Quota Merit category on the basis of marks obtained by them in the PHARMPG-2017.
15% seats are reserved for Foreign/NRI (Non-Resident-Indian)/PIO/OCI/ Institutional Quota Merit category students. Candidates seeking admission to the seats of this category will have to apply to The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune. The last date for submission of form to this Category is 10th June 2017 before 5.00 p.m. Seats remaining vacant after allotment to Foreign / N.R.I. / PIO / OCI merit category students will be allotted to Indian students under Institutional Quota Merit category on the basis of marks obtained by them in the PHARMPG-2017.