IAPCIndian Army (Permanent Commission )10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course - 38 Commencing From Jan 2018
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: 12th
- Medium-: Select Med
- Examination Mode-: Select Mode
Indian Army (Permanent Commission )10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course - 38 Commencing From Jan 2018
Applications are invited from unmarried Male Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (Hereinafter referred to as PCM) subjects and fulfill the eligibility conditions prescribed in the subsequent paragraphs, for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army
(Vacancies are provisional and can be changed depending on the training capacity at the training Academy for this course. The vacancies are subject to increase/decrease keeping the organizational requirement at the point of time.)
A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Govt Of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
A candidate must not be below 16½ years and above 19½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is commencing i.e. the candidate should not be born before 01 Jul 1998 and not after 01 Jul 2001 (both days inclusive)
Candidate should note only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate will be accepted. No other document relating to age will be accepted.
Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records, no change will be allowed subsequently or a subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
Only those candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized education boards are eligible to apply for this entry. Eligibility condition for calculating PCM % of various state /central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
Type of Commission:
On successful completion of 4 years of the course cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
They will be granted seniority on overall order of merit of the three technical institutes combined i.e. CME,MCTE,MCEME and in case the date of commissioning coincides with that of IMA, Dehradun, they will be placed en-block junior to IMA (NDA/ ACC / DE Course ) but above TGC / UES course.
Total training will be 5 years. Details are as under:
Basic Military Training:
1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
- Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad),
- Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad
Award of Degree:
The candidates will be awarded Engineering degree after successful completion of training as given out in Para 6 (a) and (b) above.
No ante date seniority will be admissible to candidates on account of this Engineering degree. In case they fail to qualify in the following year examination, the same will result in loss of seniority to them and they will forfeit seniority to the extent of delay in passing Engineering degree examination. If they fail to qualify even within three years of their commissioning, their commission will be terminated.
Cost of Training
Rs. 8785/- per week (or as notified from time to time) for the period of candidate’s stay at the Officer Training Academy, Gaya/Cadet Training Wing.
The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-) as is admissible to NDA cadets on completion of 3 years training. On completion of 4 Years training, they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank.
The current Pay Bands, Grade Pay and Military Service Pay are as under:
|LT GENERAL/HAG SCALE||67,000-(annual increment @ 3%)- 79,000||NIL||NIL|
|HAG + Scale * *Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens||75,500 – (annual increment @ 3%) – 80,000||NIL||NIL|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||80,000(fixed)||NIL||NIL|
The above figures are as in the 6th CPC scales & are subject to revision from time to time
Cost to company (CTC).
The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 65000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Army provides free medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/ Club/Sports Facilities Furnished Govt Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
On being commissioned, all officers will be guided by the terms and conditions as given out by the Army Group Insurance Scheme and as amended from time to time
- Army Group Insurance Fund Provides Insurance cover of Rs. 15 lakhs on payment of onetime non-refundable premium of Rs. 8200/- by cadets from the date of joining for precommission training i.e. for 3 years. If a cadet is relegated an additional premium of Rs. 1,444/- per relegated term will be paid. Those who are medically boarded out on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be Rs. 7.5 lakhs reduced up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs for 20 per cent disability. However, disability for less than 20 percent, an ex-gratia of Rs. 50,000/- will be paid and Rs. 1 lakhs ex-gratia will be paid to cadets invalided out during their last year of trg wef 01 Jan 2011. There is no saving component under this scheme. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre-enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and ex-gratia Grant
- The Gentlemen Cadets when in receipt of stipend are insured for Rs. 75 lakhs wef 01 Oct 2016. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be Rs. 25 lakhs which is proportionately reduced up to Rs. 5 lakhs for 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability an Ex-Gratia grant of Rs. 50,000/- for first two years of training and Rs 1 lakhs during the last year of training will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre-enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia grant. In addition, Gentlemen Cadet withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia. Subscription at the rate of Rs. 5000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by Gentlemen Cadet to become member under the main AGI Scheme as applicable to regular Army officers. The subscription for the relegated period would also be recovered at the same rate.
For More Detail : Click Here
The selection procedure is as follows
- Shortlisting of Applications.
- Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications based on cut% applied as decided. After shortlisting of candidates, the Centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates on a first come first serve basis, through the link forwarded via email.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres on candidate’s registered e-mail ID and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days and details of the same are available at official website of Directorate General of Recruiting www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
- The finally selected candidates will execute all the Bonds/Certificates as prescribed for the Cadets of NDA entry under AI 53/78.
- Online Application Will Open on : 16 May 2017 at 1000 Hrs
- Online Application Will be Closed on : 14 Jun 2017 at 1000 Hrs
- Candidates must enter their particulars in the online application. Terms and conditions linked to the form must be read, prior to submitting the form.
- After submitting the form an acknowledgement with a Roll number will be provided to the candidate. If the system does not generate Roll Number, it is an indication of non acceptance of application by the system.
- fter submitting online application, candidates are required to obtain two copies of the application printout and the Roll Number generated by the system. One copy of the print out application duly Signed by the candidate will be carried to the selection centre for the SSB interview. Following documents will be carried along with the Application Form:
- Class 10th certificate / mark sheet showing DOB in original
- Class 12th certificate / mark sheet in original
- ID proof in original
- Two self attested photocopies of the above mentioned certificates will be submitted at the time of SSB interview and originals will be returned after verification at the SSB itself.
- 20 copies of self attested PP size photograph will also be carried along with the Application Form.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. There is no need to send any hard copy to Directorate General of Recruiting
- Candidates must submit only one application, Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.
Details once submitted will NOT be changed under any circumstances and NO representation in this regard shall be entertained. Any change in your postal address after submission of application must be communicated by post duly quoting your Roll No, name and course opted for