JIA AEC(Men)Join Indian Army Recruiting Directorate Army Educational Corps (AEC-126) (JAN 2018)
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: Post-Graduation
- Medium-: Select Med
- Examination Mode-: Select Mode
Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE Post Graduates in the subjects notified below for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army Educational Corps. Course commencing in Jan 2018 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
|MA/MSc in English/Geography/Economics/History/Pol Science/ /International Relation||04|
|M.Sc in Physics/Chemistry/Maths/ Zoology/ Botany/ Geology /Nano Science/Computer Science/Electronics||06|
|Foreign language (MA in Chinese)||02|
These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on organizational requirements
A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
23 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2018 (i.e, candidates born between 02 Jan 91 and 01 Jan 95 both dates inclusive)
The date of birth entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate only is accepted by this office. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Educational Qualification for Applying:
Only those candidates who have passed Post Graduate Degree in the following subjects with 1st or 2 nd Division are eligible to apply. The candidates must note that final year appearing/Result awaiting students are NOT eligible to apply.
Type of Commission
On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
Duration of training is one year at the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each subject.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will he be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training
- Cost of Training.
- The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ Rs. 9488/- per week (or as notified from time to time) for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy
The final allocation of Arms/Services will be made prior to passing out of gentleman cadets from IMA.
The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-). On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank. The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows
|CAPTAIN||PB-3/15,600-39,100||6,100||6,000||On completion of 2 Yrs|
|MAJOR||PB-3/15,600-39,100||6,600||6,000||On completion of 6 Yrs|
|LT COLONEL||PB-4/37,400-67,000||8,000||6,000||On completion of 13 Yrs|
|COLONEL||PB-4/37,400-67,000||8,700||6,000||On selection basis subject to fulfillment requisite service conditions|
|LT GENERAL/ HAG SCALE||67,000 -(annual increment @ 3%) -79,000||NIL||NIL|
|HAG + Scale* *Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens||75,500-(annual increment @ 3%)-80,000||NIL||NIL|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||80,000 (fixed)||NIL||NIL|
Please note that the above figures are as in the 6th CPC scales and are subject to revision from time to time.
Cost to Company (CTC)
The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 80000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change
In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Army provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidized rate.
Army Group Insurance Fund(AGIF)
The Gentlemen Cadets of IMA when in receipt of stipend are insured for Rs 75 lac wef 01 Oct 2016. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be Rs 25 lac which is proportionally reduced up to Rs 5 lac for 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability, only an Ex-Gratia grant of Rs 50,000/- for first two years of training and Rs 1lac during the last year of training will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of preenrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia grant. In addition, Gentleman Cadets withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia. Subscription at the rate of Rs 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentleman Cadets to become member under the main AGI Scheme as applicable to regular Army Officers. The subscription for the relegated period would also be recovered at the same rate
For More Detail : Click Here
The selection procedure is as follows
- Short listing of Applications.
- Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each subject without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates on a first come first served basis, upto a specified date
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres only through candidate’s registered e-mail id and also through SMS only. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard
- Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after stage II. (d) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
- Online Application will open on : 16 may 2017 at 1000 hrs
- Online Application will be closed on : 14 jun 2017 at 1000 hrs
Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on “Officers Entry Apply/Login” and then click ‘Registration’. Fill the online Registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on “Apply Online” under dashboard. A page “Officers selection- Eligibility” will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Army Education Corps. A page ‘Application form’ will open. Read the instruction carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments- Personal information, Communications details, Education details and details of previous SSB. “Save & Continue” each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page “Summary of your information” where in you can check and edit the entries already made. Then click on “Submit Now” only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in. After submitting, click on “PDF” and take two copies of the application form having Roll No and other details generated by the System.
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO CAREFULLY READ THE NOTIFICATION IN DETAIL AND THEN FILL UP ONLINE APPLICATION FORM TO AVOID MISTAKES, AND THEREBY REJECTION OF APPLICATION.
Details once submitted in online application will NOT be changed under any circumstance, and NO representation in this regard shall be entertained.
CGPA/Grades must be converted into Marks as per the formula adopted by the concerned University for filling ‘Marks obtained in Post Graduation’ in online appln.
Following documents are to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate:-
- One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affix with self attested photograph.
- Self attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent Certificate by the Board concerned (CBSE/State Boards/ICSE) in which date of birth is reflected for age proof (Admit card/Marksheet/Transfer/Leaving Certificate etc. are not acceptable for proof of date of birth).
- Self attested copy of 12th Class Passing Certificate & Marksheet.
- Self attested copy of Graduate Degree and all years/semesters Marksheets.
- Self attested copy of Post Graduate Degree & Mark sheets of all years / Semesters.
- All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself.
- Candidates having CGPA/Grades in Post Graduation must submit a certificate issued by the Controller of Examination/Registrar/ Dean of the concerned University regarding formula for conversation of CGPA/ Grades into Marks followed by the University.
- In case division/class is not mentioned in Post Graduation Degree Certificate, candidate must submit a certificate issued by the Controller of Examination/Registrar/ Dean of the concerned University regarding division/class obtained by the candidate in Post Graduation.
Any candidate who does not carry the above documents for the SSB interview, his candidature will be cancelled and he will be sent back.
The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting.
Candidates must submit only one online application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature, and NO representation shall be entertained in this regard.