Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Assistant Conservator of Forests Recruitment-2017
- Test Level-: State Level
- Eligibility-: Graduation
- Medium-: Multiple
- Examination Mode-: Select Mode
NOTIFICATION NO. 21 /2017
Name of the Post and Code No.
Name of the Service and Code No.
No. of Vacancies
Scale of Pay
|Assistant Conservator of Forests (Post Code No.1009)||Tamil Nadu Forest Service (Service code No.002)||14||Rs.15,600- 39,100/- + G.P Rs.5400/- (PB-3)|
Age Limit (as on 01.07.2017)
Category of Applicants
(Should have completed)
(should not have completed)
|1||“Others” [i.e., Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, and BCs (OBCM) and BCMs||21 Years||30 Years|
|2||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs (OBCM), BCMs and DWs of all Castes||35 Years|
- Provided that, in the case of candidates working as Rangers, who have secured Honours during Rangers training and who have not completed 45 years of age shall be eligible for exemption of age limit for two times to appear for direct recruitment to this post.
- Para 5 of the ‘Instructions to applicants’ will not apply to this recruitment.
- “Others” i.e Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs (except those referred under note (i) above) who have put in 5 years of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible even though if they are within the age limit.
For Differently Abled Persons
Differently Abled Persons are eligible for age concession upto 10 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed above.
- The maximum age is 53 years for the applicants who belong to SC, SC (A), ST, MBC/DC, BCMs and BC (OBCM).
- The maximum age limit is 48 years for “others” (i.e) applicants not belonging to any of the categories mentioned in (a) above.
- The above mentioned age concession will not apply to the Ex-Servicemen applicants those who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
Educational Qualification (as on 12.09.2017 (i.e. the date of notification))
Applicants should possess any one of the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission on the date of this Notification viz., 12.09.2017.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Botany
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Zoology
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Physics
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics*
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics*
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Geology
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Computer Science Engineering
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Applications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Science
Applicants must possess the following Minimum Physical Standards:-
Chest Girth (cm)
The following minimum height standards may be allowed in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and races such as Assamese, Bhutanese, Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Kumaonis, Ladakhese, Mizo, Naga, Nepalese, Sikkimese and those from Arunachal Pradesh, Lahaul and Spiti and Meghalalya.
Male Candidate - 152 cm Female Candidate - 145 cm
For More Information : Click Here
The selection will be made in four successive stages, viz. (i) Preliminary Examination for selection of applicants for admission to the Main Written Examination (ii) Main Written Examination (iii) Physical Test and (iv) Oral Test in the form of an Interview.
The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the applicants who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Written Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of applicants to be admitted to the Main Written Examination will be 30 times the number of applicants to be recruited having regard to the rule of reservation of appointments. However, in each reservation group, all the applicants who secure the same marks as that of cut off marks of their reservation groups shall also be admitted to the Main Written Examination, though the number of applicants to be admitted to the Main Written Examination may exceeds 1:30 ratio
Once the list of eligible candidates for the Main Written Examination in the ratio of 1:30 for the post of Assistant Conservator of Forests in Tamil Nadu Forest Service included in Group-IA Services is published, it is the responsibility of applicants (in the said list) to send the documents in support of their claims in the online application within prescribed time. Those who do not send the documents and who are rejected in Certificate Verification are not eligible or allowed to write the Main Written Examination. No list will be published subsequently in the place of such rejected applicants or applicants who failed to send documents for verification, if the sufficient applications are available to make the selection.
Physical Test will be conducted after Main Written Examination and before Oral Test.
- Date of Notification : 12.09.2017
- Last date for submission of application through online :09.10.2017
- Last date for payment of Preliminary Examination Fee through Bank (State Bank of India / Indian Bank) : 11.10.2017
- Date of Preliminary Examination : 17.12.2017 FN 10.00 A.M to 1.00 Noon
- Date of Main Written Examination : Will be announced later at the time of declaring results of Preliminary Examination.
Eligible Candidates can apply online through the website : http://tnpscexams.net/
For One Time Registration (Revised with effect from 01.03.2017 vide G.O.(Ms).No.32, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (M) Department, dated 01.03.2017)
Applicants who have already registered in One Time Registration system paying Rs.50/- before 01.03.2017 and those who have registered for One-Time Registration on or after 01.03.2017 by paying Rs.150/- are exempted from paying the registration fee for this recruitment.
Preliminary Examination Fee
For Preliminary Examination -
The Preliminary Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment if they are not eligible for the concession noted below.
Main Written Examination Fee
For Main Written Examination
The Main Written Examination fee should be paid later only by those applicants who are admitted to the Main Written Examination based on the result of Preliminary Examination and on receipt of intimation from Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, if they are not eligible for fee concession.
Mode of Payment of Examination Fee
- Preliminary Examination fee Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) is payable by online through Net banking / Credit card / Debit card or it can be paid by offline at State Bank of India / Indian Bank within 2 days from the date of submission of online application by choosing the option in the online application.
- Applicants have to register their basic particulars through One Time Registration which is mandatory on payment of Rs.150/- (Rupees One Hundred and Fifty only) towards registration fee and then should apply online for this recruitment The One Time Registration will be valid for 5 years from the date of registration. Thereafter, the registration should be renewed by paying the prescribed fee. Applicants who have already registered in One Time Registration system on payment of Rs.50/- before 01.03.2017 and having validity and those who have registered for One Time Registration on or after 01.03.2017 by paying Rs.150/- towards One Time Registration are exempted from paying the registration fee for this recruitment.
- Applicants have also to pay the service charges applicable to the State Bank of India / Indian Bank.
- Applicants can avail exemption from paying examination fee as per eligibility criteria.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have registered in the One Time Registration system and paid the registration fee Rs.150/- and received the registration ID need not pay the Registration fee i.e., Rs.150/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone.
- Applicants who have made One Time Registration must pay the prescribed examination fee for this recruitment unless fee exemption is claimed. (One Time Registration is only to avail exemption from the payment of Registration fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration and it will not be considered as prescribed examination fee for this recruitment).