Assam CEEAssam Combined Entrance Examination
- Test Level-: State Level
- Eligibility-: 12th
- Duration-:2 Hours
- Stream-: Engineering
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Online
- Total Questions-: 100
Assam CEE is a common entrance exam conducted by Dibrugarh University for admission to engineering as well as medical programmes, offered by various colleges in Assam. It is one of the most important exam for students seeking admissions in both government and private college of Assam. Candidates can apply for various courses through this exam like B.Tech, MBBS, BDS, and BAMS. Assam CEE is usually conducted in the month of May every year and the online application process for the same begins between February and March.
Candidates appearing for Assam CEE 2017 needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria as mentioned by the exam conducting authority to appear for the exam. The detailed criteria to apply for the exam is discussed below:
Appearing candidates must have a domicile of Assam.
The age limit of candidates applying for Assam CEE must be between 17 and 24 as on August 1, 2017.
Those who belongs to reserved category have the provision of relaxation up to 3 years in upper age limit.
Appearing candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50% (45% in case a candidate belongs to reserved category) in subjects including Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology/Mathematics.
The exam pattern for Assam CEE remains same every year with only a few changes in the overall admission process. It is important for each candidate to know the pattern of exam paper before appearing for the same. Mentioned below is the paper pattern for Assam CEE held in 2017:
- The total number of question that comes in the exam is 100
- Maximum marks out of which candidates score is calculated is 100
- Question type is objective in nature
- Total duration of the exam is 2 hours
- There will be no negative marking scheme in Assam CEE 2017.
Please note that there will be three course option for candidates- Course option 1, Course option 2, and Course option 3. Those appearing for MBBS/BDS are required to select Course option 1, those interested in B.Tech, must choose Course option 2, and for students who wants to do MBBS/BDS and engineering courses with subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, must select Course option 3, at the time of registration.
Important Dates (Tentative):
- Start of online Assam CEE 2017 Application : April 20, 2017
- Last Date for the Assam CEE Applications 2017 : May 5, 2017
- Last date to pay the application fee at SBI : May 5, 2017
- Issue of Assam CEE Admit Card 2017 : May 25, 2017
- Assam CEE 2017 Examination date : June 4, 2017
- Declaration of Assam CEE Result 2017 : June 2017
- Assam CEE Counselling 2017 : July 2017
The application form for Assam CEE are released on the official website of Dibrugarh University. Candidates needs to fill and submit their application form through the online mode on the official website of the university. Here is the step-by-step application process to apply for Assam CEE 2017 successfully.
- Visit www.ceemedu.org or www.dibru.ac.in to register for Assam CEE 2017
- Fill in the online application form with personal details such as name, age, date of birth, nationality, email ID, phone number, and course applied for.
- Once all the details are filled accurately, candidates needs to pay the application fees through online mode by using debit/credit card or net banking or by depositing SBI challan (offline) to a nearly SBI Branch.
- The registration fee for Assam CEE was as follows in the year 2017:
- Engineering Degree Courses - Rs.1240
- Students need to deposit the registration fees along with a bank charge of Rs.60/-in cash at any of the SBI branch using bank challan, which will be automatically generated once the application form is submitted.
- After filling the online application form carefully, candidates have to upload scanned photograph and signature (the maximum size of the photograph should not be more than 35 kb and less than 20 kb). On the other hand, size of signature should not be more than 30 kb and less than 15 kb. Both photograph and signature should be in ‘.jpeg’ or ‘.jpg’ format.
Syllabus for Assam CEE
Assam CEE is conducted as per the latest syllabus of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council/NCERT). Detailed syllabus for the same is mentioned below:
- Units and Measurement
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Description of Motion in Two or Three Dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia
- Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Transference of Heat
- Current Electricity
- Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents
- Magnetic Effects of Currents
- Magneto statics
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Ray Optics
- Wave Optics
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electron and Photons
- Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
- Solids and Semiconductors Devices
- Some Basic Concepts
- States of Matters
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical energetic and Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Redox Reactions and Electro Chemistry
- Rates of Chemical Reactions and Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Families – Periodic Properties
- Chemistry of Non-Metals – I
- Chemistry of Non-Metals – II
- Heavy Metals
- Chemistry of Representative Elements
- Alkali Metals
- Alkaline Earth Metals
- Boron Family
- Carbon Family
- Nitrogen Family
- Oxygen Family
- Halogen Family
- Noble Gases and Hydrogen
- Transition Metal including Lanthanides
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Some Basic Principles
- Classification of Organic Compounds
- Organic Compounds containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Synthetic and Natural Polymers
- Bio Molecules and Biological Processes
- Chemistry in Action
- Environmental Chemistry
- Arithmetico-Geometric Series
- Complex Number
- Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorems
- Heights and Distances
- Applications for approximation
- Arithmetic Geometric and Harmonic Progression
- Binomial theorems and its Applications
- Integration using trigonometric identities
- Calculation of mean median and mode of grouped and ungrouped data
- Family of Circles
- Conic Section
- Differential Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Binomial and Poisson distribution
- Integral as limit of a sum
- Law of motion projectile
- Fundamental Integrals
- Motion under Gravity
- Relation between roots and coefficient numbers
- Integral Calculus
- Matrices and determinants
- Quadratic equation
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive Health
- Principle of Inheritance and Variation
- Molecular basis of Inhertance
- Biology in Human Warfare
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Principles and Processes in Biotechnology
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Organisms and Populations
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Environmental Issues
Seats are reserved for the following categories of the candidates of Assam:
- Schedule Castes: 7% of the college intake capacity.
- Schedule Tribes (Plains): 10% of the college intake capacity.
- Schedule Tribes (Hills): 5% of the college intake capacity.
- Other Backward Classes (includes MOBC): 15% of the college intake capacity.
- Sons and daughters of Ex-servicemen: 1 seat in each the college.
- Children, and grandchildren (both paternal, and maternal) of freedom fighters: 1 seat in the college
- Physically handicapped: 1 seat in the college.
- Tea garden labour community: 1 seat in the college.
- Best cadet of the NCC: 1 seat in the college.
- Sportsman/Sportswoman representing the State: 1 seat in the college.
- In addition, some seats are reserved for candidates nominated by the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram as per allocation of the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development Department, New Delhi.
- Seven seats are reserved for sons and daughters of employees of the Central Government and Central Public Sector Undertakings, posted in Assam, and having served in the state for at least one year, preceding the last date fixed for submitting applications for admission. Such candidates must fulfill the following two criteria:
Their parents must not be permanent residents of Assam, and they must have passed the qualifying examination from an institute located outside the state of Assam.
Note: If any of the seats mentioned in the above categories remain vacant, for want of eligible candidates, they shall be filled up by from the general merit list of the Admission Test, in order of merit.
Dowanload Assam CEE Admit Card 2017 : May 25, 2017