KIITEE Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: 12th
- Duration-:3 Hours
- Stream-: Engineering
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Online
- Total Questions-: 120
Result : Click Here
KIIT University, Bhubaneswar conducts Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination (KIITEE) to offer admissions to candidates in undergraduate as well as postgraduate programmes on offer by the University.
KIITEE 2017 application form are now available online from December 2, 2017.
KIITEE 2017 is an online entrance exam which is conducted across 60 test centres which are spread across various states in the country.
Candidates can secure admissions into programmes such as BTech, BTech & MTech-Dual Degree, BTech & MBA-Dual Degree, MBBS, BDS, BSc Nursing, Biotechnology (Dual degree - 5 Years), Bachelor of Architecture (BArch), BA LLB, BBA LLB, BSc LLB, BBA, Integrated MCA among other through KIITEE 2016.
Candidates seeking admissions at KIIT University through KIITEE 2017 need to be well aware about the exam dates for this entrance exam
Eligibility criteria for BTech/BTech & MTech-Dual Degree/BTech & MBA-Dual Degree course
Candidates will be allowed to appear for KIITEE 2017 exam if they:
- Have cleared 10+2 examination in 2015 and 2016 or will be appearing for the examination in 2017 can apply for BTech (4 years)
- Have attended full-time(regular) school/college.
- Have cleared their 10 +2 or its equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together.
- Have passed 10+2 or equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology taken together, if they have applied for BTech & MTech (dual degree) Biotechnology course.
The age limit for KIITEE 2017 engineering course admissions states that only those candidates will be eligible for the examination who are born on or after July 1, 1996.
Eligibility criteria for BTech Lateral Entry
Candidates will be allowed to appear for KIITEE exam if they:
- Have cleared their three year diploma course in Engineering with at least 60% marks in aggregate from State Council of Technical Education of any state.
Age Limit for BTech lateral entry aspirants states that only those candidates will be eligible for the examination who are born on or after July 1, 1993.
|Course wise Eligibility Criteria B.TECH (L.E)|
|For Admission into Following Branches||Eligible Diploma Holders|
|Civil Engg.||Civil Engg|
|Mechanical Engg.||Mechanical Engg /Automobile Engg/Production Engg/Mechatronics.|
|Electrical Engg.||Electrical Engg./ Electronics & Electrical Engg|
|Electronics & Electrical Engg.||Electrical Engg./Electronics & Electrical Engg./ Electronics &Telecomm./ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.|
|Electronics & Telecomm.Engg.||Electronics Engg./ Electronics & Communication Engg./ Electronics & Telecomm Engg/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg./ Electronics & Electrical Engg.|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.||Electronics Engg./Electronics & Communication Engg./ Electronics & Telecomm Engg/ Electronics & instrumentation Engg./ Electronics & Electrical Engg.|
|Computer Science & Engg.||Computer science/Information Technology/Electronics & Telecommuncation Engg./ Electronics Engg./ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.|
|Information Technology||Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics & Telecommuncation Engg./ Electronics Engg./ Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.|
Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Architecture(5 years):
Candidates will be allowed to appear for KIITEE exam if they:
- Have cleared their (10+2) examination from a recognised board or its equivalent subject.
- Secured 60% marks in aggregate with mathematics as a subject at the higher secondary level
- Should have also passed the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture (CoA), New Delhi either in 2015 or 2016.
Candidates will be able to meet the eligibility criteria for KIITEE if they were born on or after July 1, 1996.
KIITEE 2017 is a computer based test which has three sections. Sections will be divided on the basis of subjects, from which questions will be asked in that section. The sections into which KIITEE exam is divided are – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each section will consist of 40 questions and the total number of questions asked in the entrance exam will be 120. The duration of the exam is 180 minutes.
For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded four marks whereas one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
In order to fare well in this entrance exam, candidates need to thoroughly go through all the topics covered in its syllabus.
The counseling process for KIITEE 2017 will be completely based on the merit of aspirants in the entrance exam. Right after the declaration of KIITEE results, candidates need to go through KIITEE counselling schedule and appear for their counselling round as specified by the University.
The counselling process will involve verification of documents along with seat allotment and allocation. All documents related to the identification, age, qualifying examination and category of the candidate will be verified.
In case, if the student fails to verify the documents, he/she will not be considered for admission.
Documents for counselling
On the counselling day, candidates need to carry a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs 62,000 (which includes the counselling registration fee of Rs 6000) drawn in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar. Cash payment shall not be accepted so it is mandatory that candidates carry a DD with them.
List of original documents that students need to carry on KIITEE counselling day are as follows:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Marksheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate only for MCA, MSc (Biotechnology/ Applied Microbiology).
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- BTech/BE/ MCA/ MSc or Equivalent Degree Certificate (For MTech/LLM/PhD Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, clearly indicating the Reservation Criteria claimed by the candidate.
- GATE Score Card (for MTech GATE Qualified only)
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
Apply Online : 02-12-2016 to 25-03-2017
Last date of receiving Filled in Application form : 31-03-2017
Last date of hosting Admit Card in the website : 05-04-2017
Date of Entrance Examination (Online) (Annexure-I) : 14-04-2017 to 23-04-2017
Declaration of Result : 05-05-2017
Counseling starts from : 25-05-2017
Detailed Counseling Schedule will be declared after publication of result on 05th May 2017
Other Information http://www.kiitee.ac.in/2017/Information_Brochure%20_2017.pdf
Application Form and Prospectus will be available online only. It will not be available in hard copy. Candidates have to apply online at http://www.kiitee.ac.in or http://www.kiit.ac.in or they can download it from the website
The ‘Online Application Form’ will be accepted after the following steps are completed:-
- Browse KIIT web site or .
- Select ‘Online Application’ / ‘Download’ option. (If you want to download, take the print out of downloaded Application Form’).
- Go through the Instructions to fill up the form.
- Fill up ‘Online Application Form’ and submit.
- Take the print out of Application Form mentioning the Application Number.
- Paste the Photographs in the space provided for it.
- Sign on ‘Signature’ columns both by candidate and parent/guardian.
- Dispatch the Application Form along with two passport size color photographs pasted in appropriate place and 10th Pass Certificate / Mark sheet.
â€‹Candidates should retain photocopies of ‘printed application form’ which may serve as reference for future correspondence.
The online application will be accepted subject to receipt of printed application, photographs, copy of 10th Pass Certificate / Mark sheet only.
For downloaded application form
The candidates have to fill up all the fields very carefully and send it with the photographs and 10th Pass Certificate / Mark sheet .
The print out of online Application form or filled in downloaded application form should be submitted in person / by post (Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier) to “The Director, Admissions, KIIT University, Koel Campus, Bhubaneswar - 751024, Odisha, India” so as to reach on or before dt. 31.03.2017, 5.00 p.m.
Information on receipt of applications at KIIT University will be available in the website http://www.kiitee.ac.in &
http://www.kiit.ac.in . Candidates can check status of their Application Form on the website after 20 days of its dispatch to KIIT University
KIITEE 2017 Physics Syllabus
- Unit 1: Units and Measurement
- Unit 2: Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Unit 3: Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
- Unit 4: Laws of Motion
- Unit 5: Work, Energy and Power
- Unit 6: Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia
- Unit 7: Gravitation
- Unit 8: Solids and Fluids
- Unit 9: Oscillations
- Unit 10: Waves
- Unit 11: Heat and Thermodynamics
- Unit 12: Transference of Heat
- Unit 13: Electrostatics
- Unit 14: Current Electricity
- Unit 15: Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents
- Unit 16: Magnetic Effects of Currents
- Unit 17: Magnetostatics
- Unit 18: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Unit 19: Ray Optics
- Unit 20: Wave Optics
- Unit 21: Electromagnetic Waves
- Unit 22: Electron and Photons
- Unit 23: Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei
- Unit 24: Solids and Semi-Conductors Devices
KIITEE 2017 Chemistry syllabus
- Unit 1: Some Basic Concepts
- Unit 2: States of Matter
- Unit 3: Atomic Structure
- Unit 4: Solutions
- Unit 5: Chemical Energetics and Thermodynamics
- Unit 6: Chemical Equilibrium
- Unit 7: Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Unit 8: Rates of Chemical Reactions and Chemical Kinetics
- Unit 9: Surface Chemistry
- Unit 10: Chemical Families Periodic Properties
- Unit 11: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Unit 12: Chemistry of Non-Metals - 1
- Unit 13: Chemistry of Non-metals-II
- Unit 14: Chemistry of Lighter Metals
- Unit 15: Heavy Metals
- Unit 16: Chemistry of Representative Elements
- Unit 17: Transition Metals Including Lanthanides
- Unit 18: Coordination Chemistry and Organo Metallics
- Unit 19: Nuclear Chemistry
- Unit 20: Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Unit 21: Some Basic Principles
- Unit 22: Hydrocarbons
- Unit 23: Organic Compound Containing Halogens
- Unit 24: Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Unit 25: Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Unit 26: Synthetic and Natural Polymers
- Unit 27: Bio Molecules and Biological Processes
- Unit 28: Chemistry In Action
- Unit 29: Environmental Chemistry
KIITEE 2017 Mathematics Syllabus
- Unit 1: Sets, Relations and Functions
- Unit 2: Complex Numbers
- Unit 3: Matrices and Determinants
- Unit 4: Quadratic Equations
- Unit 5: Permutations and Combinations
- Unit 6: Mathematical Induction and Its Application
- Unit 7: Binomial Theorem and Its Applications
- Unit 8: Sequences and Series
- Unit 9: Differential Calculus
- Unit 10:- Integral Calculus
- Unit 11:- Differential Equations
- Unit 12:- Two Dimensional Geometry
- Unit 13: Three Dimensional Geometry
- Unit 14: Vector Algebra
- Unit 15: Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Unit 16: Probability
- Unit 17: Trigonometry
- Unit 18: Statics
- Unit 19: Dynamics
Reference Books for KIITEE 2017:
- Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov
- Coordinate geometry by Loney
- Physics by H.C. Verma
- Resnick and Halliday
- IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna
- Solutions to Morrison Boyd
- Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar Chawla
- Resnick and HallidayCircuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith
- Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney
- NCERT Inorganic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwa
- High school mathematics by Hall and Knight
Last year's KIITEE Cutoff for different branches:
Cutoff (2015) General Rank
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Instrumentation
Electronics & Telecommunications
Mechanical Engineering (Automobile)
The table represents KIITEE 2015 Cutoff for different B. Tech programmes.
RESERVATION OF SEATS :
The KIITEE-2017 Quota Seats are distributed among different categories of candidates as follows. Separate Merit list will be prepared for each Category.
|Reservation Category||% of seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||3%|