MANET METMaharash`tra Academy of Naval Education and Training Entrance Exam
- Test Level-: State Level
- Eligibility-: 12th
- Duration-:2 Hours
- Stream-: Engineering
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Select Mode
- Total Questions-: 150
Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training is conducted by the academy for providing admissions to students in B.Tech in Marine engineering and B.Sc Nautical Science courses of the academy.
The entrance test ensures that all the m3rd globally. It is assigned with Grade A1 in CIP according to the inspection carried out by the DGS.
MANET is also accredited with “ship in campus” by the Director General of shipping. It is recognized as a certified institution for the MET by the MLIT Government of Japan.
The campus is well equipped with many facilities such as well furnished classrooms, laboratories, sports facilities, boat club and furnished hostel. Also MANET has a placement cell that is dedicated to the students that help them actively to get placements in both well reputed Indian and foreign shipping companies.
Most often the exam is held in the month of June.
The candidate must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with :
- at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and
- at least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII.
The Exam Pattern for MANET-MET 2017 Exam:
- The exam paper will consist of 150 objective questions.
- The time duration for this is only 2 hours.
- No marks will be deducted for wrong answers. Each question will carry 1 mark.
MANET MET 2017 Events
MANET NET 2017 Dates
Interview, Payment of Fees, Medical Tests & Verification of documents Date
18th June 2017
MANET MET 2017 Exam Dates :
- Availability of Application form for MANET MET 2017 Exam : 4th January 2017
- Publishment of First Advertisement : 20th March 2017
- Publishment of Second Advertisement : 18th April 2017
- Issue of Admit Card for MANET MET 2017 Exam : 18th May 2017
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form for MANET MET 2017: 26th May 2017
- Exam Date for "MANET-MET" 2017 Exam: 29th May 2017
- Display of Candidates Eligible list for "MANET-MET" Exam: 7th June 2017
- Interview, Payment of Fees, Medical Tests & Verification of documents Date: 18th June 2017
- Start of Academic Session: 01st August 2017
Application Form can be obtained as follows:
Step I :
Fill the application form on this website : http://manetpune.ac.in/
Step II :
After submission of On-Line Application Form automated mail would be sent on registered email ID with username and password. It is essential for the candidate to remember username and Password for further transactions.(eg.Printing of application form, Admit card etc)
Offline through Website or MANET office :
Step I :
Take the printout and Fill the application form manually.
Completed filled application form & send the same through speed post along with Bank Demand Draft (Rs.1500/- in favor of “MANET”, payable at Pune) should reach on or before 25/05/2017 at the office by 04.00 pm. Please write your name and contact number on the reverse of the draft.
- The Form Numbers will be allotted to those forms which are accompanied with Demand Draft of Rs.1500/.
- Necessary documents to bring to MANET, at the time of medical examination, counseling & admission.
- Copies of certificates in original and five sets of attested Xerox Copies, attestation of the Principal of your (10+2) School)
- Matriculation / Secondary School Certificate and marks sheet,
- Higher Secondary / Intermediate / Senior Secondary (10+2) Certificate and marks sheet.(If Hard copy of class XII mark sheet not received from your school at the time of admission round then you can get the downloaded copies of class XII mark sheet from Internet attested by your school Principal only.)
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied,
- Migration Certificate.
- Score card / Mark Statement for any of the specified entrance exam like CET, JEE Main or NATA (if any to be submitted)
- Caste Certificate
- Validity Certificate
- Copies of certificates for sports and any other extra curricular activities, if available (from Std. VII and above only).
The syllabus for entrance exam is the same as that of class 10+2 and subjects included are Mathematics, English, General Knowledge Physics and Chemistry.
Reference Books for MANET MET 2017 Exam:
Pradeep’s Chemistry is really helpful. You can use O.P. Tandon as a good reference too. However, you can use these reference books when you are done with going through NCERT as most of the times, it is enough.
RS Aggarwal & ML Khanna are strongly recommended. For commerce students, Part 1 and 2 by RD Sharma has a great collection of problems. You could also refer to U-Like papers as mathematics is one of the most scoring subjects and you certainly don’t want to miss that opportunity.
English should be prepared in the most functional manner. It is recommended to read the lessons and be sure of theme, characters and value points. NCERT textbooks for English; Flamingo and Vistas are enough for the literature section. You could also refer to U-like papers, previous year question papers, and others sample papers during the prep time.
H.C Verma is a master-class for this subject, and I am quite confident of its potential. Apart from it, S.L Arora, Pradeep’s and Exam Idea are other great options. We strongly recommend ‘Exam Idea’ as it contains plenty of conceptual questions
Issue of Admit Card for MANET MET 2017 Exam : 18th May 2017