IIFTIndian Institute of Foreign Trade Entrance Exam
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: Graduation
- Duration-:2 Hours
- Stream-: Management
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Offline
Application form for Full Time MBA(IB) 2018-20
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with 50% marks in Graduation (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates). Candidate appearing in the final year examination of Graduation can also apply.
- No age limit.
- Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by 8th October 2018.
- In order to qualify as an international candidate for the purpose of applying to IIFT entrance exam, a candidate should have been (expected to be) resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2017 and be outside India during the IIFT examination window. The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy/High Commission/ Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2017.
- Foreign nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India. The Foreign nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the same.
- The candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th February 2018. GMAT taken before 1st January 2016 is not valid.
- If the candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2017) such as CAT /XAT /IIFT,etc., he /she is not eligible to apply
- NRI - Sponsored and Children of NRI candidates are not considered under this category.
MODE OF ADMISSION
For General/ Reserved Category candidates
Selection will be on the basis of Written Test, Group Discussion, Writing Skill Assessment and Interview. Written Test will be held on SUNDAY 3rd December 2017 during 10.00AM – 12.00Noon at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubeneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Hydrabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam. Based on the marks of Written Test, a limited number of candidates will be invited for second phase of selection process comprising Group Discussion, Writing Skill Assessment and Interview to be held at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. IIFT reserves the right to add/delete any centre, if required.
For Foreign Nationals and NRIs
Seats are reserved for Foreign Nationals, NRIs and the admission is considered on the basis of General Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score and interview.
For More Information : Click Here
- Last date to apply online : 15/09/2017
- Last date to apply online and to submit GMAT score for Foreign Nationals/NRIs : 15/02/2018
- Written Examination : 03/12/2017
Eligible candidates can apply online thriugh this website : http://tedu.iift.ac.in/iift/index.php
- For General/OBC : 1550/-
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates : 775/-
- For Foreign Nationals/NRIs : US$80/4500/-
IIFT exam primarily asks questions on five key areas: Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Analytical/Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and General Knowledge. Here’s a detailed look at IIFT Syllabus:
Pursue the following core topics in Statistical Data:
- Standard Deviation
Syllabus for DI is as follows:
- Pie graphs
- number problems.
Standard questions on Tables with heavy calculations can be expected.
The core study syllabus areas are:
- Decision Making
- Data Structures
- Blood relations
- Alphabetical Series
- Verbal Logic
This section is similar to the syllabus of other MBA exams:
- Vocabulary-based Questions
- Reading Comprehension, etc
General Knowledge/Current Awareness:
There's no specific preparation plan for GK. One needs to regularly follow top news stories, General Awareness questions and editorials.
- For Maths R.S. Aggarwal and Rajesh Verma
- For English Bakshi and Wren and Martin
- For G.K. Rthe Lucent and Arihant
- For Current The Hindu
- For Reasining rs Aggarwal and M.K. Pandey
- Economics Time
- The Statesman
- The Hindu
- Business Today
- Business World
- Competition Success Review
- Business Line by Hindu Group