LUMATLucknow University Management Aptitude Test
- Test Level-: State Level
- Eligibility-: Graduation
- Duration-:2 Hours
- Stream-: Management
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Offline
The candidates for admission to the MBA programme shall be selected through a National/International level aptitude test which may consist of both written as well as oral components. The University of Lucknow will also conduct its own entrance test for admission to the various MBA programs. This will be known as the Lucknow University Management Entrance Test (LUMET). Candidates having a valid CAT score can also opt to take admission through this test. This would be followed by a personal interview for all candidates.
Management Courses (MBA) offered by Lucknow University:
- Self Finance
- International Business
- International Relations
- Human Resource Management
- Retail Management
- Corporate Management
- Finance Control
- Management Science
Candidates deemed eligible for the LUMAT entrance exam will have to be-
- Graduates for a recognized University with 50 per cent marks in any stream.
- The University has reserved quotas for caste, scheduled tribe, other backward classes and physically handicapped candidates. For all these candidates, the eligibility cut-off for application is set at 45 per cent.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation examination too are eligible to appear for LUMAT 2017.
- Lucknow University accepts CAT and MAT scores as well of admission to its management courses.
The paper is divided into the following 4 sections-
|LUMAT 2017 Events||Dates|
|LUMAT application form submission deadline||30 April 2017|
|LUMAT date||29 May 2017|
|Personal interview||29-31 May 2017|
|Result release||5 June 2017|
|Counselling date||20-22 June 2017|
Application Process for LUMAT
- Once the candidate is deemed eligible to apply for LUMAT, he/she can fill in the application process for the same. Make sure that the application form is submitted before the final deadline, lest the same is rejected by the University authority.
- The application form is available online at http://www.lkouniv.ac.in/ but needs to be submitted only at the offline office of the University.
- Fill in all relevant personal and academic details to get yourself registered. Once you receive the automated email and mobile SMS on the registered email ID and cell number, with login ID and password, proceed to make payment.
- The payment can be made via net banking, credit card or debit card. Once the receipt of the same is confirmed, log in using your registration number.
- Check if all fields are duly filled.
- Upload your latest passport sized photograph—not older than 6 months-- in colour and also a digital signature.
- Take a print out and attest the same with your signature. Your photo must be attested as well.
Send the complete form and payment receipt to -
MBA Admission 2017 Institute of Management Science, Second Campus,
Sitapur Road, Lucknow 226201.
The fee for the application form is INR 1500 for general candidates. Reserved quota candidates—as mentioned earlier—will have to pay INR 1000.
Syllabus for LUMAT 2017
1. Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number systems
- Linear equations
- Quadratic equations
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and compound interties
- Ratio and proportion
- Work and time
- Permutation and combination
2. Communication ability:
- Sentence Completion
- Passage comprehension
- Language skills
- Passage-based questions
3. General awareness:
4. Aptitude and reasoning:
|MBA (Finance & Control)||Self Financed||120|
|MBA (Human Resources & Industrial Relations)||Self Financed||120|
|MBA (Marketing)||Self Financed||120|
|MBA (International Business)||Self Financed||60|
Scheduled Caste* 21%
Scheduled Tribe* 2%
Other Backward Classes of U.P* 27% *The scheduled caste, scheduled tribes and other backward class candidates originally belonging to Uttar Pradesh will be given the benefit of reservation. Scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward class candidates of other states will be treated as general.
Son/daughter / spouse of LU Teachers/Employees As per University rules
Son/daughter/spouse of LU affiliated Govt./Aided Colleges of Lucknow University and Govt. Ayurvedic College As per University rules
Physically Handicapped/Disabled(including1% for blinds) 3%
Son / Daughter / Grand Son / Grand Daughter of Freedom Fighters from U.P. 2%
Son/Daughter of Retd. Defence Personnel or Physically Handicapped Defence Personnel or Defence Personnel killed in war or Defence Personnel posted in