BVDU EYE-CETBharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Conduct EYE Common Entrance Test
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: 12th
- Duration-:1 Hours 30 Minutes
- Stream-: Medical
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Offline
- Total Questions-: 100
Students will be admitted to B. Optom course of the of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed Deemed University on the basis of the merit obtained by them in the All India Common Entrance Test (EYE CET-2017) School of Optometry, (Medical College, Pune) (B.Optom)
Eligibility for appearing in EYE CET-2017 and subsequent admission
Common Eligibility Requirements for admission to B.Optom
Candidate who have successfully passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2course) or equivalent examination with minimum 45% (40% in case of students from SC/ST category) marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and /or Mathematics and passed in English, from a recognized board is eligible for admission to the First year of the B.Optom.
The candidate should be over17th yr. of age as on 31 Dec. of the year of the admission to the course. A student once enrolled for this course, will not be given transfer certificate, or cannot leave the course, unless he/she pays fees for the duration of the course.
COUNSELING AND ON-THE-SPOT-ADMISSION SESSION
- The counseling session for B.Optom will be conducted at Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, School of Optometry, Pune 411 043 as per the schedule given in calendar events. FAILURE TO REPORT FOR COUNSELING ON THE SCHEDULED DATE AND TIME WILL RESULT IN INSTANTANEOUS CANCELLATION OF A CLAIM OF THE CANDIDATE TO THE SEAT. It shall be candidates responsibility to see the result of EYE CET-2017 Candidate will be allotted seat as per his/her merit and choice, based on the availability of seats.
- The candidate should remain present for the personal interview (counseling) and for on the spot admission, as per the schedule.
- Only the candidate and one of his parents/guardian will be allowed into the hall where counseling is held. The candidates will be called in the order of their ranking in the merit list and offered the seats to the various courses available at that point of time. The candidate will be allowed to choose admission to any of the courses if a seat is available when his/her turn comes
- The candidate must note that appearance for the examination and inclusion of name in the merit list does not necessarily mean that he/she will get admission to any course or the courses of his/her choice. His admission to a particular course will depend upon the availability of seats for that particular course at the time of his counseling.
- At the time of reporting for the counseling, the candidate is required to produce the documents (original and two sets of photocopies) listed in Annexure - I. If the candidate is admitted to any of the courses, these documents will be retained by the University till he/she completes the course. If the candidate fails to produce all or any of the documents listed in Annexure - I, he/she will instantaneously forfeit his / her claim for a seat.
Schedule of Counseling
- The name of candidates in the merit list prepared on the basis of EYE CET-2017 will be called in as per their ranks for counseling and on the spot admission to the various courses in the respective colleges. Admission to a desired course (B.Optom) will be given provided the candidate also fulfills the other eligibility conditions prescribed for that course.
- If any candidate finds it impossible to be physically present for the counseling due to unavoidable circumstances, he/she may authorise any other responsible individual to represent him/her at the counseling. This representative must carry with him/her the letter of authorization in the format given in Annexure III as well as all the documents listed in Annexure I. If the candidate or his representative fails to report for the counseling on the date and the time mentioned in the schedule of counseling, his claim for admission to any of the courses will be forfeited. The choice of course made by the candidate / his / her representative will be final and binding and will not be altered later.
Important Dates :
- Last date for submitting the completed application form : 12th June 2017
- Date and time of Common Entrance Test (Written) : 19th June 2017 (11.00 am to 12.30 pm)
- Declaration of Result : 22nd June 2017 at 5.00 p.m.
- Counseling and on spot admission : 27th June 2017
- Colleges to open : 3rd July 2017
A candidate desirous of appearing for the EYE CET- 2017entrance test is required to complete the prescribed application form and submit to the University along with entrance test fee of Rs. 1,000/- (Entrance test fee is non refundable)
Online submission of Application form:
The application form is available online at
The candidates should strictly follow the instructions given in the website while filling up the application form online, and must read the instructions carefully before filling up the online application form. Instructions are mentioned at ‘Registration Guide’ menu which is available on website. Before filling up the application form online, candidates should:
- Create their login credential
- Have a scanned image of their recent passport size photograph(Refer to guidelines mentioned on the website)
- Have a scanned image of their signature, ready before filling up the online application form.
- Read the procedure and guidelines for online payments of test fee which is to be made through Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking. (Refer to guidelines, terms and conditions for using online payment mentioned on the website)
The candidate may then proceed to fill the form and submit the completed application form. The candidate should take a print of payment receipt and completed application form for reference and as a record.
Candidates should submit the completed online application form on or before the last date mentioned in the website.
For any queries related to Online Registration,contact CET Office, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, 2nd Floor, Common Entrance Test Cell, Director, CET Online Department, L.B.S. Marg, Pune-411030. HelpLine No.(Phone No)- 020-24407163 Email Id: email@example.com
Submission of Application form in person / by post / by Courier:
In case, candidates are not able to fill form online, the application forms are available in person at designated centers as mentioned in this brochure and at the Admission Office, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, 2nd Floor, Common Entrance Test Cell, L.B.S. Marg, Pune-411030. Phone No. :020-24407131/132/133 FaxNo.: 020-24329675.
The Completed application form along with payment of entrance test fee is to be submitted to the "CET Office, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan,2nd Floor, Common Entrance Test Cell, L.B.S. Marg, Pune 411030 " either in person or through Post / Courier.
The entrance test fee may be paid in cash or through bank draft on any nationalized Bank or any branch of Bharati Sahakari Bank Ltd. drawn in favour of "The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune ”, payable at Pune.
If payment is done through cash, the candidate has to fill up bank challan (available at the Common Entrance Test Cell) and deposit the filled up challan and test fee to the Bharati Sahakari Bank main branch on the working days of the bank. A copy of the challan along with the completed application form should be submitted to the Common Entrance Test Cell after which an acknowledgement receipt will be provided to the candidate.
The last date of submission of application form will be 12th June 2017 before 5:00 pm. An incomplete application form or an application form which is not accompanied by necessary payment, will not be entertained and processed.
The University will not be responsible for any delay or loss of application / admission card/counselling letter/any communication in transit. Such delay will not be condoned.
|Course||No. of seats|
|Bachelor of Clinical Optometry (B.Optom)||30|
Out of the sanctioned intake, in each course 15% seats are reserved for Foreign / NRI / PIO / Institutional Quota Merit category students. Candidates desirous of seeking admissions through this category will have to apply to the Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Pune. The last date for submission of the form for this category is 12th June 2017 before 17.00 hrs. Any seats remaining vacant after allotment to Foreign / NRI / PIO students (based on merit), will be allotted to Institutional Quota Merit category on the basis of marks obtained by them in EYE CET-2017