IAF Airman ExamIndian Air Force Airman Exam
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: 12th
- Duration-:3 Hours
- Stream-: Civil Services
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Offline
- Total Questions-: 200
Indian Air Force (IAF) invited applications for Selection Test to join as Airmen in Group X Technical Trades or Group Y Non - Technical (Except Automobile Technician, GTI, IAF Security and Musician) Trades or in both Group X & Y. The Selection Test will be held in January - February 2017.All eligible unmarried Male Indian Citizens (citizens of nepal are also eligible) may apply online for either Group X or Group Y or both Groups X & Y through www.airmenselection.gov.in. Indian Air Force aiemen Selection Test or IAF Group X & Group Y Recruitment as age, educational qualification, selection procedure, online application form, admit card etc.
Candidates should be born between 07 July 1997 and 20 December 2000 (both days inclusive). Upper age limit on date of enrolment is 21 years.
- Group X (Technical) Trades - International/ 12th/ Equivalent examination pass with Maths , Physics and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English . Or
- 03 years Diploma Course in Engineering Branches (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Automobile, Computer Science, Instrumentation Techonology, Informaion Technology etc) with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Group Y (Non-Technical) Trades - Intermediate/12th/ Equivalent examination oass in any stream/subjects (with PCB and English for Medical Asstistant trade) with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Group X & Y (Technical and Non-Technical) - Intermediate/12th/ Equivalent examination pass with Maths , Physics and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English
- Height - Minimum 152.5 Cms
- Chest - Minimum 5 Cms expansion
- Weight - Proportionate to height and age
|Group X (Technical) Trades||60 minutes||English, Physics and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus.|
|Group Y (Non-Technical) Trades||45 minutes||English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning And General Awareness (RAGA).|
|Both Group X&Y Trades||85 minutes||English, Physics, and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning And General Awareness (RAGA).|
Indian Air Force Airman Selection Procedure:
- Written Test
- Adaptability Test-1
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Adaptability Test-2
- Medical Examination
The advertisement inviting applications for vacancies for the Airman cadre will appear in the leading newspapers including 30 regional newspapers across India. The advertisements are also published in the Employment News or the Rozgar Samachar. The application should be send in the required format mentioned in the advertisement, before the last date. The selection procedure for picking the candidates is quite strict and elaborate. The five steps involved are
- Processing of Application
- Testing the Abilities
- Conducting Medical Examination
- Preparing Merit List
- Undertaking Enrolment
Processing of Application :
After checking all eligibility wise application forms, one will receive an Admit Card that will contain all the relevant details like the date, time and venue of your examination. The subjects tested on will depend on the trade you have applied for. The following are the subjects for examination.
- Technical Streams
- You will be tested in four papers- English, Mathematics, Science and Intelligence and General Awareness.
- Non-Technical/MTD Streams
- You will be tested for English and Intelligence and General Awareness. (The examination is based on the CBSE (X / XII) curriculum / syllabus.)
- Education Instructors
- The pattern of the paper is in keeping with the basic minimum educational qualification required. Here, you will also be interviewed after the examination.
- For English S.P. Bakshi
- For Reasoning R.S. Aggarwal
- For G.K The Lucent and The Arihant
- For Current Affairs The Hindu
- For Science Refer yo NCERT Books 6th to 120th.
- For Maths R.S. Aggarwal and Rajesh Verma