SSC DPSSC RECRUITMENT OF SUB-INSPECTOR IN DELHI POLICE
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: Graduation
- Duration-:2 Hours
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Online
- Total Questions-: 200
The Staff Selection Commission will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination for Recruitment of Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub-Inspectors in CISF, in the month of June & July 2017, the details of which are as under:-
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs:
(Central Armed Police Forces) The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-) and is classified as Group ‘B’ (NonGazetted), Non-Ministerial
Sub Inspector (Executive) - (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police:
The post carries pay scale of Leve-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-) and is classified as Group ‘C’(NonGazetted) by Delhi Police.
Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF:
The post carries pay scale of Level-5 (Rs.29200-92300) and is classified as Group ‘C’ (NonGazetted).
Tentative vacancies in various forces are as follows
|Sub-Inspector (Male) in Delhi Police||616|
|Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police/ Female||256|
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs
ASI (Executive) in CISF
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS as on 01.01.2017
Degree From a recognized University or Equivalents.
Date of Exam
Number of Questions
Duration/ Time Allowed
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
Date of Examination
Duration and timing
|08.10.2017||English language & Comprehension||200||200 questions||2 Hours|
Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts A, B, and C of Paper I.
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I &Paper-II. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
The Commission may at the discretion fix qualifying marks in Paper-II
Canvassing in any form will disqualifying the candidates.
The Commission reserves the right to add an additional Tier in the scheme of examination.
Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone, Calculator, Bluetooth device, or any other electronic/electrical device for answering any paper (Test Booklets). Candidates must not, therefore, bring Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic/electrical device inside the Examination premises. Possession of these
PHYSICAL ENDURANCE TEST(PET) / PHYSICAL STANDARD TEST (PST) is MANDATORY FOR THE POSTS.
Candidates will have to undergo PET/ MEDICAL Examination.
ELIGIBILITY TESTS (For all posts)
Category of candidates
Height (in cms)
Chest (in cms )
|For male candidates only GENERAL||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|For Female candidates only GENERAL||157||-||-|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||-||-|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe||154||-||-|
Physical Efficiency(Endurance) Test(PET) ( For all posts)
For male candidates only
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance
For Female candidates only
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres (9 feet) in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 meters (3 feet) in 3 chances.
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of a certificate in the proforma as prescribed in Annexure VIII from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside(s).
- “The relaxation in physical standards (height/ chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.”
- Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, may prefer an appeal, if they so desire, to the appellate authority present on the PET ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained.
Corresponding to height for all posts
Medical standard (For all posts)
The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision.
They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
- Apply Online Form: 23 APRIL 2017
- Last date For Apply: 15 MAY 2017 (up to 5.00 PM)
- Last date Fee Payment: 15/05/2017
- Last Date for offline payment:18/05/2017
- Exam Dates
- Paper-I: 30-06-2017 to 17-07-2017
- Paper-II: 08-10-2017
- The Commission has devised a simplified format for the online application procedure. In the process, candidates may register once and may apply for any examination conducted by SSC.
- A one-time registration is the permanent database of candidates. The Registration ID and password provided by the system should be kept safely so that it can be used for applying to any examination conducted by SSC. The registration facility is available to the candidates throughout the year on website http://ssc.nic.in. The registered candidates may log into the system and can proceed for application filling. The facility of the online application (including payment of fees through SBI net banking/ Credit or debit cards of any banks) will be available from 22.04.2017 to 15.05.2017 (up to 5.00 PM). However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI may make the payment to designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 18.05.2017 provided the challan has been generated by them before 5.00 PM of 15.05.2017.
- The online submission of the application may be made at website http://ssconline.nic.in. Candidate should read the instructions in this Notice carefully before making any entry or selecting options. Candidate should provide all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign. The filling of online application contains two parts: Registration Part (In case not registered earlier) and Application Part.
- In Registration Part, candidates will have to fill basic information and upload their photograph and signature. On submission of these details, candidates shall be prompted to check the details and make any correction in the registration.
- Then a candidate can proceed to fill online application with Registration ID and password provided in the one-time registration process. The application procedure is incomplete without application part. Application part requires filling of information about choice of centers, education qualification, post preference, making payment of examination fee, etc.
- To pay a fee in cash, candidates should take a printout of the challan generated online after completion of Application Part and deposit the requisite fee in a designated branch of State Bank of India and then continue with the stipulated date and time.
- Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances. The Staff Selection Commission will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of nonacceptance of any correction/ addition/ deletion in any particular filled in application form whatever the reasons may be.
- The application form without photograph/ signature or with Blurred photograph/ signature or incomplete in any manner will be rejected summarily
- Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only):
Vacancies: - Tentative vacancies in various forces are as follows -
Sub-Inspector (Male) in Delhi Police
|10% reservation of Ex. Servicemen||35||18||10||5||68|
Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police/ Female
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs
|Name of the Force||Category||UR||OBC||SC||ST||Total||ExS|
ASI (Executive) in CISF
Any change in the number of vacancies will be intimated through the website of the Commission i.e http://www.ssc.nic.in/
Note-I: Candidates selected for appointment for posts of SI in CAPFs and ASI in CISF are liable to serve anywhere in India.
Reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ ExS etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders and as communicated by the departments reporting vacancies.
In Delhi Police reservation is available for Ex. Servicemen and special categories of Ex. Servicemen as detailed below:-
Out of 10% quota meant for Ex. Servicemen, 50% of such quota will be reserved for the following categories:-
(i) Having served in the Special Force /NSG(Special Action Group)
(ii) Having received a QI ”Qualified Instructors” grading in the commando course.
(iii) Officers from the Navy/Air Force who have worked in the specialized commando type units.
NOTE: In case sufficient number of Ex. Servicemen candidates under categories at (i),(ii) and (iii) are not available, the unfilled vacancies will be filled from amongst other available Ex. Servicemen candidates.