SMC Entrance Exam (UG)Saveetha Medical College Entrance Exam
- Test Level-: National Level
- Eligibility-: 12th
- Duration-:3 Hours
- Stream-: Medical
- Medium-: English
- Examination Mode-: Online
- Total Questions-: 180
NEET 2017 Exam Result : Click Here
NEET 2017 Answer Key has been released!!
NEET 2017 OMR Sheet has been released!!
Saveetha Medical College Entrance Exam acronym as SMC Entrance Exam is conducted by the Saveetha University to provide admission to the aspiring candidates in MBBS course of the college
Eligibility for MBBS
The candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete this age on 31st December of the year of admission.
The candidate should have completed the two years Intermediate, Higher secondary or equivalent course thereof, with Science subjects viz. English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology from a recognized Indian University or Pre-University.
The candidate should be NEET qualified and eligible for admission to MBBS course.
The candidate should be medically fit.
|01||MBBS||Four & half years of study and one year Compulsory Resident Rotatory Internship|
- Courses: It is conducted for BDS/MBBS courses.
- Number of Questions: The question paper would consist of total 180 MCQs with a single right answer.
- Subjects: The paper would be asked from subjects as Botany, Chemistry Physics, and Zoology.
- Language: The language of question paper would be in 8 different regional languages English, Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Assamese, Gujarati, and Telugu.
- Mode of Exam: NEET 2017 Exam would be held in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Duration: The exam duration would be 3 hours (180 Minutes).
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks would be given for each right answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark would be subtracted for each wrong answer as negative marking.
Number of questions in each section
NEET 2017 Counselling
- NEET 2017 Counselling is conducted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India.
- Registration for NEET 2017 Counselling is closed now. Exercising of choices and locking for NEET 2017 Counselling Round 2 is in progress from 9th September 2017.
- Choices filling and locking would be done through online mode. Only registered applicants can make their choices.
- At the time of counselling, the applicant documents would be verified and college would be allotted to the students as per their selection and availability.
- The seat would be allotted through online counselling.
- Information Brochure would be released : 31st January 2017
- Online Registration begins : 31st January 2017
- Final Date for the NEET 2017 Form Online Registration : 1st March, 2017
- NEET Admit Card 2017 : 15th April 2017
- NEET UG 2017 : 7th May 2017
- NEET Results : 8 June 2017 (First Week)
NEET 2017 Application Form
- Candidates can apply for NEET MBBS Admission 2017 exam through online process only (Note – The official link for the application form is http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/Registration/Instruction.aspx).
- The application forms would be tentatively available in the 31th January 2017.
- You need to make sure you fill up the application form as per the mentioned instructions.
- After you fill up the application form you need to send the confirmation page along with the necessary documents to the address which is mentioned below:
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092
NEET Exam 2017 Application fees
Without late fee
With late fee
|OBC/General||Rs.1400/-||Rs.2800/- (Rs.1400 + 1400)|
|SC/ST/PH||Rs.750/-||Rs.2150/- (Rs.750 + 1400)|
Candidates can make the necessary fee payment either through online or offline process:
- Online process: You can pay the necessary fees through debit/credit card using online payment gateway.
- Offline process: You can make the payment through bank challan.
For More Detail : Click Here
Best Biology Books for NEET Preparation
- NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII
- Trueman's Biology Vol 1 and 2
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Pradeep Publication's Biology
- GRB Bathla's Publication's for Biology
Best Physics Books for NEET Preparation
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2
- D C Pandey Objective Physics
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
Best Chemistry Books for NEET Preparation
- NCERT Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Dinesh Chemistry
How to Prepare for NEET 2017?
Nothing special. The preparation strategy for NEET 2017 should be the same like AIPMT. Students who are worried about the difference in syllabus of NEET and their state CET, it’s not that big issue which is made out by everybody. The key is to follow recommended books (NCERT) or AIPMT (NEET) study material of any coaching.
Subject Wise Tips for NEET 2017
Along with a good book for physics like HC Verma , it’s recommended to follow a coaching material as it is specifically designed for entrance exam preparation.
Practice conceptual problems. Take up problems that relate theoretical physics to daily life. Your analytical skills will be tested in solving the questions.
For Chemistry & Biology :
Read from NCERT books. These are recommended books for NEET.
NCERT books, practice tests, doubt removals, revising topics, solving questions every day, maintaining speed and accuracy, and regular with your coaching classes throughout the next 1 year are some of the key things which you need to follow to crack NEET 2017.
NEET Previous year Cut-Off Score
|SC – PH||315-302|
|OBC – PH||322-312|
|Other Backward Classes||453-450|
|UR – PH||449-324|
Reservation of Seats
- Schedule Tribe category- 7.5%
- Other Backward Classes-Non creamy layer- 27
- PH category- 3% (on horizontal basis)
- Schedule Caste category- 15%